Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nurseries in Jax: looking for succulents

Posted by ChemGardner none (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 11 at 15:54

I am heading to Jacksonville soon after Christmas to visit my family, and i am looking for some suggestions of nurseries in town that you guys recommend.

I am mainly looking for succulent-type plants. I am from SWFL and there is not a ton of selection down here, so I am always on the lookout when I visit another city.

Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nurseries in Jax: looking for succulents

An excellent nursery that carries lots of interesting, uncommon plants is Plant Ranch located at 14108 Beach Blvd. When I was there last week (buying camellias) they had lots of succulents. If there is something specific you want, you could call them beforehand (904) 223-4546. They are my favorite nursery in Jacksonville. See link below for their website. http://www.plantranchnursery.com/products.htm

Rockaway Garden Center located at 510 Shetter Avenue in Jacksonville Beach, (904) 853-6572 ‎is only a few miles from Plant Ranch. Here is their website: http://www.rockawaygardencenterfl.com/

There are also quite a few Ace Hardware stores here that carry great plants. They all have good stuff and are all on my go-to list, but the best one, in my opinion, is Hagan Ace Hardware located at 12501 San Jose Blvd, (904) 268-9597. The Hall's Ace Hardware located at 11524 San Jose Boulevard, (904) 262-1965 is only a few miles away and also very good.

There is also Pat's Nursery, located on US 17 Between Orange Park and Greencove Springs. It is a large nursery but since it is pretty far from me, I don't get there very often.

Have fun!

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Ranch

o

Here's the link for Pat's Nursery (below).

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Pat's Nursery

o

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to try and swing by Rockawau over the next couple days. I'll update with pics if it results in any new acquisitions :)

o

I use Proctor Ace on University. He usually has a good selection and friendly advice. PaulaPhotobucket

o

Yes, Paula, I agree! I like all of the Ace Nurseries in Jacksonville and frequent them regularly. I even keep a list of them in my car!

Ace End of JTB at beach next to Target (Marsh Landing)
Ace Atlantic Blvd - across from Lowes
Ace Atlantic Blvd - Jax Beach
Ace University Blvd (by Luigis and I-95)
Ace San Jose - just south of I-295
Ace San Jose - Julington Creek
Ace 5827 Arlington Road
Ace South A1A - south of Corona - 870 A1A, just past Palm Valley Road (Hwy 210)

Carol

o

ChemGardener, how did it go?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here