Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guerilla gardening

Posted by sumala 9 fl (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 16:13

On the vacant lot next to my house. I decided to clean it up a bit, then I decided to level off the top a bit, then I decided to...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guerilla gardening

looks great......! we do a bit of that here.

o

I see quite a few pine cones in what looks like a bed of pineapples? Is this cat control?
cora
;

o

I started using pinecones as cat control without any inclination if it works or not. I assumed that if they are prickly to me, they'd be the same for cats.

Is that what you've used them for? Works I guess?

:)

o

wallisadi, best part is that pine log in the background. It is under the tree canopy and just the right height for a bench.

cora, that is my new pine cone storage area. If I let them lay there for a year or so, I can shuck them like an ear of corn. Nice cheap and attractive mulch.

o

I'm running out of room and don't have an empty lot. I do have a neighbor that is rarely home before dark........

o

I'm inspired I've been thinking about putting a raised bed on the the abandoned property next to mine. ;>)

o

All I did was clear a fire break to protect my property. I don't know how the pineapples, papaya, sweet potatoes and pole beans got over there. Must be volunteers that escaped from my property ;-)

o

Sumala,

Did the pole bean arbor fence escape too? Dang things, you have to watch them every second or they will wander off like little children.

MOO

o

Hmmm... don't know Lou. Might have to polish it up a bit but it might work.

"Them durned kids that play there all the time came into my yard, took all my stuff over there and, well, the beans just took over."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here