Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martina_deluca

Pics of garden this month so far......

Martina DeLuca
14 years ago

Lots of blooms still going on. I hope it doesn't get too cold tonight.

Ambridge Rose, My absolute favorite English rose....

Windermere, another English rose favorite. This bloomed all summer and was clean. I have 2 of them....the best roses in my garden by far.

Belinda's Dream, new to me

A border that is finally filling in

Another border that is filling in so good, and now cold weather. I love the Xanthosoma in the picture because it keeps more than just 3 leaves at a time and it's not a runner.

A brug and Black-eyed Susan Vine (with a green eye)

Unk Bromeliad with Crinum

That's about it for now.

Tina

Comments (11)

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    14 years ago

Tina - The bromeliad is a Neoregelia "Martin".

• laura1
    14 years ago

Very nice! I know that you've been working hard all summer and it shows ;-)
    Keep warm!

• juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl
    14 years ago

Tina: What is the plant in your first "border" picture that has the striped green leaves? It's very attractive. Reminds me of a prayer plant. June

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Is that tea cup/coffee cup EE by the calathea border?

• annafl
    14 years ago

Tina, great pictures. Your roses are stunning and I've always loved your aroids. Your brug bed and the green-eyed susan picture is just lovely, lovely, lovely. Will those pretty calatheas come back next spring? What are they called? Love the pattern.

Anna

• mrs_tlc
    14 years ago

beautiful Tina!!!

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

Oh yes, it is really looking good. I love calathea's myself and that one is stunning. There are so many pretty leaves that you don't even need a flower.

Coffeemom, that looks like a tea cup EE to me. :o)

• Martina DeLuca
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Ricky, now I can label the bromeliad.

I have been Laura, along with the rest of you, I know. I hate to see most everything go dormant now with the weather. :(

June and Anna, the Calathea is called Zebrina. It is the hardiest of all of mine. Yes, they come back but it seems like it takes them forever to grow (except Zebrina, who rarely even goes dormant). I always keep one of each growing in a makeshift greenhouse over winter.

Coffeemom, yes it is a Colocasia Coffee cups. I have a little stand of them there and they are running in all directions, so one showed up right at the front of the border.

Thanks Ms TLC and Katkin. I agree, Katkin. I love Calatheas and any interesting foliage plants.

Here's a few more pics

This shows the Coffee Cups better and the bed that I'm still working on. I've put in some EE's and a flowering anthurium. A work in progress....

Bubble Bath rose

A little niche....I love this purple flowering ground cover. Anyone know what it is called? My mother-in-law has had it for years and never knew the name.

A close up of the ground cover's flowers...

My African Shrimp plant that is doing so much better this year.

Thanks
    Tina

• annafl
    14 years ago

Tina,

That ground cover could be asystasia gangetica. I believe it comes in different colors.

Anna

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:987449}}

• Martina DeLuca
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Anna, another plant I can label now. I looked it up and there are other colors. It is listed as a weed in some areas, mostly tropical areas. Our weather keeps it in control here, I guess. I have had it for over 10 years and it doesn't go crazy at all. I love it.

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

I believe that ground cover is the one also called Blue Ganges and it was a real problem here. It has under ground runner roots and showed up everywhere and took over everything. My friend is still fighting it in Palm Bay. If you've had it that long maybe it isn't a problem for you, but it is what they call a thug plant further south. What a shame too, because it is so pretty. I had the white as well, and the same problem with it. ;o)