Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift and Plant Sale @ Florida Botanical Garden Largo

Posted by RetiredFlorida 9 (floridabeachportraits@gmail.com) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 17:09

Went by the local horticulture extension service to see if I could get my soil tested today. Nope but was able to visit the garden while there ;-)

Been years since I was there, probably when they first opened. What an awesome garden. The fragrances whifting through the air today was intoxicating. They had an absolutely gorgeous rangoon creeper that was .......you put the word there, I can't accurately express how amazing that vine is.

Anyhow, back on topic. I picked up a flyer while there and they are having a Gift and Plant Sale on SUNDAY ONLY, December 9th from 10am to 4pm. I'm disappointed because we already have plans for Sunday :-(

Purportedly 45 vendors hawking everything from plants to crafts and jewelry. Free admission and parking.

Darren

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift and Plant Sale @ Florida Botanical Garden Largo

Darren, you're officially my hero.

I pass the botanical gardens in Largo 6 days a week on my way to one of the beach properties I clean/manage, yet I've never gotten to stop by before.

Sunday is my day off, and it looks like I'll definitely be taking a ride out there.

o

Be sure to visit the spice garden, that was an unexpected treat for me today.

Good luck.

BTW, Rangoon Creeper is on the bridge directly opposite the hort. ext. office.

o

Thanks for the advice. My first order of business will be checking up on the vendors and see who decided to take part. Already arguing with myself over how much cash I'll bring this time around.

With the cold weather bound to hit us soon, I'm a bit hesitant to purchase anything, but I can't pass up a plant sale.

I really need to get involved with trades and exchanges one of these days and see about saving some coin.

o

i'll be there too. That Rangoon Creeper is the reason I planted my own...althought mine isn't doing well with the salty sprinkler water it gets. McKay Creek keeps theirs looking great..those plants need a lot of water.

o

Foreverlad, hope you win the argument, hahahaha.

Tina, what is Mckay Creek? Sorry, never heard of it before. Google has too many responses.

Darren

o

Its a creek that runs through pinellas county. It forms the backbone of the botanical gardens and the lakes in Walsingham Park. It is full of pollutants according to the people who measure that stuff. See link:

Here is a link that might be useful: McKay Creek

o

Thanks Tina. Yeah, it is not surprising knowing where that water travels to see that. Walsingham Park/Lake look surprisingly good even though it is park of that Creek.

Darren

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here