Not much color in the garden these days

shuffles_gw
10 years ago

This is Tropicana.

Comments (10)

• garyfla_gw
    10 years ago

Hi
    My cannas are all out of flower now but one of the Queens wreath is covered with flowers while the other has a couple lol The YTT is trying but was severely beaten by the winds. Experimenting with annuals again this winter but of course has been too hot.The Lobelia and verbena
    are coming along suffering from the winds also
    Poinsettia and C. cactus are in flower but beaten up also. Water lily keeps chugging along but flowers are below par as it's trying to go dormant
    have a bunch of orchids spiking probably because of the warm winter but a dip in temps will stop that lol Always something ?? lol gary

• Michael AKA Leekle2ManE
    10 years ago

My African Bush Daisies are still going strong. The Wild plumbagos (white) are blooming, but not profusely. The salvias I have let go to seed are looking ragged, but the ones I cut back to ground last month are putting out fresh blooms. I also have some blanketflower just starting to bloom. I also finally have spikes going up on my Blue Firespike, but they haven't opened up yet. Despite all this, my beds do look a bit drab right now. Which is probably due to my plants being spread out in different beds. If I had been smart and only done one or two beds, they might look a bit better.

However, some part of me is really looking forward to temps dropping for a bit. I have so many plants that look like they want to go dormant but they're barely holding on instead.

• kayjones
    10 years ago

My popcorn Cassia is in full bloom now, as is my Tibouchina, Passiflora 'Lady Margaret' and my Firespike(Odontonema strictum).

There are a few blooms on my Blue Sky Vine (Thunbergia grandiflora) and Clerodendron speciosissimum. My Malvaviscus pendulifloru aka hanging turk's cap Hibiscus, is covered in blooms.

The confederate rose (Hibiscus mutabilis) have lots of buds on them that will open in the next few days. The white Camillias are in bloom and the red and pink ones should open soon.

I have Azaleas that bloom year around and the blooms are just gorgeous in this cool weather. A couplel of the Brugmansia trees have buds on them - should be smelling and looking wonderful by next week.

I think I have a beautiful bunch of blooms in my yard right now!

• katkin_gw
    10 years ago

I have quite a lot in bloom too. My yesterday today and tomorrow is covered in bloom, all colors of my turk's cap are blooming, my white powder puff is too. The Jamaican snowflakes is covered with pretty white blooms as is the sweet almond tree. The red Chinese hat and the lady Margaret vine is doing well too, along with the yellow orchid vine. Both the white and the pink dombeyas I made into tree are cover in blooms too. :o)

• mistiaggie
    10 years ago

I'm jealous of everyone's blooms! Here in Texas everything looks very blech from the recent freezes. Oh, I miss Florida sometimes.

• shuffles_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

kayjones - "I have Azaleas that bloom year around and the blooms are just gorgeous in this cool weather." What varieties are those? Or, is it the culture? Did you mean varieties that bloom year round or various varieties that bloom at different times of the year?

Tom

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    10 years ago

Lovely photo! The only canna that is still blooming strong for me here is one that I started from seed that has a dark red flower. I believe it is called canna indica var. indica L.

• kayjones
    10 years ago

I have no idea what variety these Azaleas are - just that here, my my area, they bloom year around.

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

Hey! Let's see some of your bloomers! Thanks, Tom for starting us off . . . here's mine:

Here's some Mona lavender and roses I started from cuttings

Purple Firespike

one of my roses

Petunia leftover from last January's seedlings

Bougainvillea, of course

Solanum Seaforthia

more Roses

Brug from Mark's cutting I got in April

Don'tcha just love it? Thanks, Mark!

~ Susie (wanting to see your colorful bloomers!)

• kayjones
    10 years ago

My pc picked up a virus, so it's in the repair place. I can post pictures when I get it back tomorrow.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals