Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

How To Root The Golden Chalice Vine?

PoohBearLvr
11 years ago

How do you root the Variagated form of the chalice vine? I have the regular chalice vine, it grows like a weed,but my variagated one that only puts out 3-5 blooms around this time,and like 5 new leaves a year. But the blooms are absolutely HUGE,50% bigger than the huge golden chalice flowers! But it has no scent at all. I need to take cuttings and root it,the plant is so small,but has 5 good stems to cut and root.
My regular vine grows wild and I have to hack it back year round, I THINK it roots in water. Is that right? Or is soil the way to go?
The varigated one barely puts out a few new leaves a year. So I thought I should ask how to take cuttings,and get them to root.
I cant afford to loose any of this plant. So,does anyone KNOW how to root both of these with the best success? They are both blooming now, the regular one is covered in blooms, I am getting 3 buds on the varigated one. So i will wait till they are done. But whats the best way to get rooted cuttings from them.
Esp. the varigated one. Those bloms are suppose to be fragrant to,but mine have no scent at all,not at night or during the day. None at all, but the bloom is SO wide and open it is VERY odd. Not like other varigated ones I have seen,so I want to save it and make more. Help???

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?