Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

ct. nurseries

arbo_retum
19 years ago

just came back from 2 exc. ct. nurseries and picked up some wonderful new stuff. variegated foliage nursery in eastford was a lovely woodland spot all devoted to variegated foliage (what a surprise). i was particularly pleased to find, in shrubs: variegated tree lilac; ilex sunsplash, forsythia suwans gold, a var. deutzia and spirea pink ice, and a wonderful rare jap. maple 'peaches and cream' only before seen by me at buchholtz and buchholtz in oregon.

while in eastford, someone suggested i visit another ct. nursery, Quacking Grass- not quaking grass- there's a story behind this.... somewhere nearby (i don't remember town), but i had not the time. broken arrow nursery in hamden is really growing- they are clearing a lot of new land and even though they had the same horrible winter loss of laurels and rhodos that we all did in this area, they are looking great. very nice people too. there i was excited to pick up a variegated liquidambar silver king, a good sized viburnum michael dodge, and my favorite yellow foliaged tree- acer negundo kelly's gold. i had found my first one at rocky dale nursery (what a fabulous place if you haven't been) in bristol vt. but that is a v. long

drive from me, so i was ecstatic to find kelly's gold finally- closer to home. i don't know why this tree is imposs. to find- it is so much better than robinia freesia(sp?); everyone should have one in their garden.

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions