Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chinese Evergreen Fruit sprouted!

Posted by countrykitty (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 10, 08 at 6:42

Hi all!

On Oct. 27 I posted a question about how to grow some chinese evergreen fruit I had swiped from a large indoor plant in a public place.

The fruit was football shaped and maybe 3/4" long, and I could feel a hard seed in each of the 3 fruits. I finally just decided to follow Nature's course--fruit naturally falls to the soil beneath the parent plant and germinates there. Not having any chinese evergreens at the house, I gently tucked each seed into the soil in a pot of arrowhead plants, which have similar growing conditions.

Last week I spied a sprout coming up through the soil, and when I brushed away the surface soil, it was coming from the seed. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chinese Evergreen Fruit sprouted!

Congratulations on your success! Maybe I'll have to try.

o

got any pics? would be so interested to see chinese evergreen seedlings.

o

It's growing very slowly...still just has the little green spike a couple inches above soil which will at some point unfurl into the first leaf. No pictures yet (still begging the teenage daughter to teach me how to text over them phone, uploading digital pics is next on the list! ;))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here