Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
omniphasic

Adding tons of interest with foliage plants

omniphasic
17 years ago

As a gardener I always want my front porch looking tops!And I achieve this by using awesome foliage plants mixed in with blooming things.At the moment I've got a huge Silver Spear(Astelia) in the shadier side of the porch,next to a panda plant(Kalanche)and a "Sparkler" Carex.Above it I have a "Glacier" Ivy in a hanging basket.It has interesting reddish tints due to the cool weather,and it's hanging right above the doorbell.On the other side of the porch where it's sunnier I've got a neat variegated scented geranium topiary that I made 2 years ago.Next to it an awesome Euphorbia "Firesticks" ignites with reddish stems,and a smaller "crown" Euphorbia below it.Then nearby I've got a small San Pedro Cactus for good luck(it supposedly drives away bad energy).There's a Corokia Cotoneaster there as well for it's "wild" texture,as well as a gold leaved box honeysuckle that turns crimson this time of year.A "Red Star"Cordyline is there ,too,next to a purple Agonis standard.I'm using "Black Duet" Violas in a pot right now,and a cool Mammalaria cactus that is in full bloom.And to the far left is a black leaved minature zonal geranium with red flowers.I've also got a silver leaved"Buddhas Temple"Crassula with neat stacked textured leaves.Last but not least is a fun "Angelina" Sedum with chartreuse leaves and a wild cascading habit.What is great about this porch is that it is protected and no frost can come down and zap anything.I just wanted to share that with foliage plants you can have year round interest!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor