Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coleus Fanatic!!!!!!!

Posted by nightnurse21 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 20, 10 at 11:02

Hi I live in the Caribbean and am now starting up my collection of coleus and am looking for new friends who are also true coleus lovers too

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coleus Fanatic!!!!!!!

They are pretty, aren't they? They must grow well in the Caribbean.

Something tends to munch my plants. I suspect slugs. Do you have any insect problems? Slugs?

o

Yes at the moment i am seeing slug tracks in my garden and we have a African snail problem going on and my only way of dealing with this problem is to find them and drown them in salt water,I am thinking to do the same with the slugs bu t make the container more shallow,other wise that yes plants do grow very well here and we have a large variety of plants to choose from and it is lovely during the rainy season

o

I just too this year am getting into some of them, and going to attempt to overwinter about 7 varieties (cuttings, pray they live). SLUGS right now are devouring everyone's around here, it wasn't as much a problem earlier in year. Snails too, I'm sure. I've been killing many many daily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here