Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pothos Problems

Posted by kookbox 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 2, 04 at 20:49

Hello,

I have a pothos plant in my kitchen. It's about a year old, and has been healthy up till the past month or so. Now the leaves in the center of the plant are yellowing and dying off (no splotches or anything like that). The surrounding leaves and the leaves growing on the tendrils of the plant appear to be fine. I've watered it once a week since I've had it, there's no sign of bugs or anything else wrong. It's in a sunny window, facing mostly north. Any ideas??

Thanks!
Lynn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pothos Problems

My first guess would be a buildup of mineral salts in the soil. Look for deposits of white, rust or yellow material or see if the soil surface feels sticky. Mineral deposits will kill the roots and erode the stem at the surface of the soil. You could also test it with a PH meter or a chemical test kit.-Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here