Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Osmanthus tricolor vs Goshiki

Posted by nikgr 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 8:54

I have just bought an Osmanthus heterophyllus tricolor - at least that's what it says on the tag of the plant. It is one foot high and thus much better developed than the 4-5" Osmanthus heterophyllus Goshiki (again what was written on the tag) that I bought two weeks ago.

Could anyone explain to me if there is any difference between these two plants, or are they one and the same plant for which nurseries use these two names. So far I have failed to see any difference between the two plants.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Osmanthus tricolor vs Goshiki

nikgr, it is one and the same according to this site.

http://www.plantpress.com/plant-encyclopedia/plantdb.php?plant=5193

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here