Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coleus exploding in full South Florida Sun

Posted by halfwaythere 10a (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 14 at 0:47

A few pics of my coleus braving this Ft. Lauderdale area heat. This particular one loves the sun. It's in full sun from 1pm until sundown, no trees in this particular area. I only water it from the bottom when it wilts. I am new to coleus and I hadn't planned on them getting this big. It has swallowed up the asparagus fern and the deeper red coleus that were planted at the same time. Looks like I'll have to move them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coleus exploding in full South Florida Sun

monkeys in the middle

o

so pretty

o

Your coleus are so beautiful - thanks for sharing your warm and sunny yard and plants.
What a difference 1,400 miles makes!
I haven't put my coleus in the ground yet, we are expecting frost tonight - I saw 37F predicted, but if we lose the clouds it could go lower.
Your pictures have brightened my day. :-)
Lennie in gray and cool Michigan

o

That's absolutely beautiful! Excellent demonstration of sun-loving Coleus! Some like it, some need shade. Don't just assume when buying, see if the labels says. Since it's so easy to propagate by just sticking a cutting in the ground, you can soon have a same plant in various places, various exposures, and they might look like totally different varieties, with color variations from the different amounts of sun.

As long as it's not hot, sun beating down, Coleus love a good sprinkle. In the early morning or late evening, water however is easiest for you (when thirsty.) They apparently like what you've been doing very much!

Love your pot head too!

o

Beautiful! They are such great plants, colorful and easy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here