Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightlyblack

Another Coleus ID

brightlyblack
18 years ago

Hi,

I've spent 2 days browsing Coleus (Colei?) on the web, and am starting to tear my hair out, so I bring forth a plea for help with my pretty new plant, purchased at Target 2 weeks ago...

It looks a lot like "Magenta Frills", but has no ruffles. It could also be "Vulcano", but the stems are wine coloured!

It may well be a "Kingswood Torch", but I have trouble finding the green edges of my plant in the pics I've found. Especially the younger leaves have quite a bit of green edge.

So, if any of you have a Coleus that looks like mine, I know it's name, I'll be very grateful indeed :)

But regardless of name, at least I've learned that this plant probably is more sun-friendly than the tag claimed, and I'm already pinching, I'm ready to stop any flowerbuds!

I'd love to keep this beauty longer than one season - and to be on the safe side, I'm trying to grow babies from cuttings.

Here are some pictures:

(Linked to larger images.)

Close-up

{{gwi:774756}}

Full plant

{{gwi:774758}}

Coleus and ferns, and what I *think* is a "Cast Iron Plant" (doesn't seem to appreciate the little sunlight they're getting...)

All trying to hide a hideous pond-wannabe-Rubbermaid-tub ;D

{{gwi:774761}}

Thank you for any input - I *have* tried coleusfinder.org, btw, that's where I found the names I'm throwing around ;D

~Kat

PS -

I sincerely hope this is the appropriate place for this post, I had problems with the "Search" function, so I'm not 100% sure... Maybe it should've gone to the "Gallery"?

Comments (2)

Sponsored