Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asparagus Fern HELP

Posted by mesopogi92 6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 21:48

I just bought this plant from Lowes:

Photobucket

Can you tell me how to take care of it???
1) Does it do well in direct hot summer sun or shade?
2) Will cactus soil be good for it?
3) Should i keep it at a small size or let it grow larger? (Size of my hand)
4) Is there anything else i should know about this plant???

THANK YOU!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asparagus Fern HELP

Was it sold as a houseplant or bedding plant? Did it have the latin name on the tag? That's not what I usually call asparagus fern.

o
RE: Asparagus Fern HELP.

Just curious how your plant is doing...?

o

I killed it...

o

www, that's sad to hear, so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I've killed these plants, too. As far as houseplants go, that's not one of the easier ones. Are you new to plants in general, or was this just a new type of plant for you?

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 31, 11 at 21:31

Asparagus plumosa

Al

o

ehh...i kinda killed it by accident on purpose. I know its sad...im actually really good with plants i have over 20 ranging from cacti and succulents to carnivorous plants.. For some reason i stopped liking it so i put it out in FULL summer sun. I tried giving it away..but no one would take it. Now that im writing this..i sound like a horrible plant owner LOL

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 5, 11 at 10:46

Hmmmm. No judgments passed. Why didn't you like it? Was it because the foliage got ratty looking? I grew this plant indoors on a kitchen table in a dish garden with other plants for several years, and the foliage was always unblemished - an easy plant to care for if you avoid over-watering and salt accumulations in the soil.

Al

o

To keep it plain and simple... I got bored of it. I look at plants as pieces of art.. This one didn't do it for me. Im a plant murderer....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here