Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mazus reptans and lamium dying out!

Posted by shadeeladee z5 KS (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 03 at 12:36

My ground covers are not doing well. I have mazus reptans between stepping stones. Last year, its first, I watered it a lot and it was quite happy as it spread between the stones. This year it is getting lots of dead brown matted patches which are spreading, even when getting plenty of moisture.
In another location, the lamium which had been beautiful, is gradually disappearing. Slugs did a lot of damage, but I can't blame them for the brown limp leaves that are obviously dying. The whole area is less than half of what it was a month ago. I'm suspecting that they've gotten too much moisture from all of the rain we got last week.
Any diagnosis for mazus or lamium gardeners?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mazus reptans and lamium dying out!

My lamiums were pretty evenly wet the first year I had them in the ground and were similarly unhappy as you describe yours being. I was sure I'd lost most of them but this year they came back fine and are spreading nicely AND don't seem to be affected by the same weather this year.

o
RE: Mazus reptans and lamium dying out!

I have the same problem. Is it too much moisture or not enough, or is it some type of fungus. Out of 6 plants, only 1 is living.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here