Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crimson Curls heuchera losing color

Posted by shadeeladee z5 KS (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 03 at 22:33

When I bought Crimson Curls coral bells, they were beautiful, curly and deep purple with red undersides. Mine is turning yellowish green and looks somewhat sick. I should have noticed that there were a few in the trash area at the place where I bought them which had just flattened out like someone sat on them and turned yellowish, greenish brown. Do these need an exceptional amount of moisture or what? They seem much touchier than my Palace Purples. Help please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crimson Curls heuchera losing color

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 20, 03 at 10:57

Mine was in partial sun and it didn't like it AT ALL! I threw it in a place where it maybe gets 1 hr of direct sun and the rest is very bright shade. It's thrived and gotten huge. Surprised the heck out of me, I really thought it was going to die.

It hasn't bloomed yet, though. Stubborn little critter!

I hope you can find a place where yours will be happy. It's a lovely plant when big.

o
RE: Crimson Curls heuchera losing color

My 'Plum Pudding' is a very similar variety and, planted in full sun, mine suffered tremendous transplant shock for the entire first season. This year it bloomed great and already doubled in size. Give it time and remember to regularly water it in just in case it's having a tough time getting established.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here