Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How is Parthenocissus quinquefolia - Virginia Creeper invasive

Posted by acoustics4me East Coast NZ (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 8:17

Hi, everyone. I hope I haven't double posted here. I seem to have lost my previous post??!

Could someone please tell me if Virginia Creeper has invasive root system or invasive vines/foliage. Also, what has been your experience with the invasiveness of this plant?

I have a cutting that is ready to be planted out but am hesitating until I know a little more about its invasive qualities. Thanks so much.

Cheers :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How is Parthenocissus quinquefolia - Virginia Creeper invasiv

I think mostly it is spread by birds eating the berries and dropping the seeds. It seems to be found here under, and growing in, every tree that has had birds perching in it. It has a vigorous growth habit, and is a big plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here