Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy coleus right now (Almost August)?

Posted by gretagretchen ATL - ZONE 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 05 at 14:18

I want to buy some coleus now so I can work on cutting, rooting and growing more for next year. But it seems that most places with the more extensive varieties have sold out and shipped already.

Any ideas on where I should look (online retailers and catalogs)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy coleus right now (Almost August)?

Plantescape Gardens (located on South First and Alpine) has beautiful coleus. The owner Adam is very friendly and knowledgeable and all his products are organic and thriving. I've really enjoyed the coleus I got from his shop.

o

why not just buy seed? Then you can select from an extensive variety list. They start really slow, but do fine in the house over winter as houseplants as long as they are near a sunny window. Coleus from seed have always been easy/hardy for me.

o

gretagretchen, if you look for Coleus Finder online, you will see in the top menu that they have wonderful pictures, descriptions, and best of all, names of suppliers of coleus from cuttings. Googling it should bring it up.

o

Re. Coleus Finder, it's www.coleusfinder.org

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here