Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant ID?

Posted by jfachet z5 pa (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 04 at 1:43

I got this at my local supermarket for 6 dollars. You can't tell from the pic, but it is about 3ft tall in a 10 inch pot. Wondering what it is so that I know how to care for it best. It had nothing other then I price sticker on it. It was dropping bottom leaves, but I moved it to a spot under a west window and it seems to like it better there.
http://home.comcast.net/~vaygirl/plants/100_0159.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant ID?

croton. good light, not too much water.

o
RE Crotons

I had a huge croton I bought this summer which had big, red veined leaves. Now that winter is coming (Southern California winter, anyway) and some days are overcast, the newest leaves are smaller and all green. I don't know how to bring the color back. It was such a beautiful plant before. Now it looks like it is struggling. It is a house plant, not outside, by a big window.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here