Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caravanoutofusa

Bennetts Holly

caravanoutofusa
14 years ago

I thought the foliage forum would be appropriate since I did not see any for evergreens or hollies.

We have a Steeds Holly for our center foundation plant because we needed some height to partially cover a blank "wall" of brick which is between two windows. We now need plants which match the Steeds, yet are shorter and rounder in shape, unlike the Xmas tree shape of the Steeds. The nursery man showed us Japanese Hollies (Green Luster type). The leaves and "fronds" are exactly the same as the Steeds but the growing habit is a bit wild looking at the top of the plant. He showed us some Bennetts Hollies and they look like the perfect companion for the Steeds as they have the formal look and density of the Steeds. However, I did Internet research and could not find any information about Bennetts Hollies. Does anyone here know anything about them? How do they differ from the Japanese? Is the care needed any different from Japanese and Steeds? The plants will have morning sun if that's of any help. Thanks for any answers.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz