Return to the Foliage Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elephant ear in pot

Posted by ElsieR z6 KY (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 30, 03 at 10:34

My elephant ears have been grown in large pot for several years. In the winter they are moved into the garage which is heated but cool and watered very sparingly. Each spring the pots go back outside and they grow again.
The cool weather turned very cold and I forgot to move them inside this year. The leaves that are left are flopped over the side of the pot and look dead.
Is it too late to move them inside? Or will they still come back if I get them inside?
Thanks,
Elsie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elephant ear in pot

I would bring them in anyway. The leaves may be damaged but the tuber is probably fine.

o

Thans for the answer, Zoomersmom. I will do it.

Elsie

o

keep the soil dry if you can, or you can dug it out and place it in a carboard box fill in packing material or sphagnum mulch. elephant will go dormant once it leaves damged, and the bulb will rot if it get wet. they will regrow again when temperature reach above 60*F at night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Foliage Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here