Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miriamm_gw

climbing beans questions/pintos specifically

Miriamm
20 years ago

Hello all, this is my first post as I recently moved to NM from Houston/TX and am trying all kinds of veg. gardening. I see I am in zone 5....I planted some pintos out of a bag from the groc. and they are shooting up left and right. A friend from TX told me they grow on a bush. I think they grow on a vine. I have some beautiful handpainted trellises and am trying to find some sort of bean or veggie that I can train around the trellis. Any suggestions (must be easy as I am garden-challenged lol)?? I have a large patio w/my apt...most places out there are extremely sunny. I can, however, create shade w/things I've tried for the poor tomatoes (shouldn't they have suckers by now??) but for the most part I need to know what produce-like plant I should work with. I want vines, and if they produce....well, that is gravy!! Thanks for any help and is it too late to plant things? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm putting alot of effort into this and want to reap "something". I've enjoyed lurking.....this is a goldmine for the novice, i.e. me! Miriam (newly transplanted from Houston to Albuquerque) P.S. I've even killed a cactus so I don't want to explore that.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert