Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this on my Jasmine (Pics)

Posted by puglvr1 9 FL (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 08 at 11:08

Hello,

Does anyone know what this red, berry looking thing on my Jasmine tree is? There's only 2 of them. I just planted it appx. Aug "07.It had a few flowers when I bought it, but most fell off as soon as I transplanted it. It is setting buds right now for the first time. Can you tell what type of jasmine it is? The tag only said "Jasmine" on it and didn't come with a care lable.

Thanks for the help...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this on my Jasmine (Pics)

Oops, sorry, meant to put I planted it April "07, not (aug '07).

o

Hi puglvr1: I've got a very similar thing like what you have here. But my plant is Chinese perfumn plant (Aglaia odorata). See link.

From what I read, these plants do set berries ofter, but when they do, they must have been very happy:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Berry on Chinese perfumn plant (Aglaia odorata)

o

Hi forever a newbie,

Thanks for posting the link, it's just I have never seen it before and was curious what it was. Did you ever get one to grow? I probably won't be planting it. I am one of those people that's very impatient. I prefer to buy plants that are of good size, so I don't have to wait too long for it to flower. Our plants sure are very similar looking, except the buds appear to be different. Thanks again,

o

The red berries are just that, berries with seeds in them. Your plant is a Murraya paniculata, or commonly called Lakeview Jasmine. The link below has more photos and information. Mine bloom indoors and are wonderful! Enjoy yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: Murraya paniculata

o

Thanks dicentra,

I appreciate the useful information and the link...

o

My jasmine tree has always been fantastic in the flower department. It now has one red and one green berry like thing on it. Can I do something with these?? I don't know if I put in dirt it I can start a new jasmine or what these berries are for.
I appreciate any input! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here