Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

A saved Fragrant Olive tree, please keep your fingers crossed.Pic

meyermike_1micha
13 years ago

This tree was left for dead and I took it home from a nursery that was going to close it's heat off. It was also loaded with pest's as you can tell by all the damage and some that may be still alive.

Look at the leaves my co-worker is holding. Awful.

Still treating it though.

Reminds me of a time when I spared a cat from near death with an invasion of mites and fleas. It took me weeks to clean that now beautiful cat up and bring it back to vibrant health..

What a shame. I think it can take years for a small plant to reach this size. I can't wait to put it outside come spring. In the meantime I will treat it with special care and it has a spot in a large window for now.

I had to chop at least 2 feet off from the top to fit it in my car as I also hope it gets fuller towards the trunk..

Please keep your fingers crossed and hope it survives..I will keep you posted on it's progress.

Thank you

{{gwi:2808}}

{{gwi:2809}}

{{gwi:2812}}

{{gwi:2810}}

Comments (4)

• User
    13 years ago

Awe Mike,
    and it's blooming! What a shame for it!
    Thank God you found it!
    It should do fine now with you taking care of it.
    That is an older tree, you are right.
    Perfect window for it too.
    That tree doesn't know how lucky it is being found by you.
    Thanks for sharing pics, and keep us posted.

• mehitabel
    13 years ago

Lppks to me like it will survive. Lot of strength stored in that big trunk. Don't forget your good advice about misting bringing out the new growth :D

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Butterfly4u!

I is always great to see you. I hope you have been fine. Thank you for the nice comments. You know it was not for a the few here I ahve gotten to know and learn from including YOU, I don't think I could of done it.
    You ahve taught me so much since I first joined and I just applied your info. Thank you for that.:-)
    I wish you would visit the citrus forums once in awhile since that is where I spend most of my time.
    I also svaed a Ponderosa Lemon tree and I would love for you to see.
    I would love for you to take this journey with us!
    I owe you much credit for my success.

Mehitabel: Thanks for the encouragement. I will do my best from what I know and keep you all updated.
    Thank you again everyone. You too. Check this link out. You might like it.:-)

Mike;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ponderosa journey with me:-)

• mrlike2u
    13 years ago

Fragrant Olive tree update ?