Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrlike2u

Re-pot it or not ?

mrlike2u
11 years ago

Ms. Meany was in the back room by the time I left but sill walking around at work while I was there today. As the saying goes always a pleasure and a joy forever.

Odd thing is they updated the soil for the smaller new pots in the seedling room and the free potting table area and are using a better Fafrard mix over the heavier peat from days of past.

Next question 4" Terra-Cottar or 4" plastic or something else
Moving right along is question two: It's not that Farfard wouldn't work a week or so but a preference to a mix does come to mind.

Last but not least come the final question: Only I'm not the one asking LOL.
What am I asking about ?

Answer: A rescued hostage as seem below.

Comments (21)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Wes, what are you doing to me??????/lol

That is one plant that I have always wanted!

Ok, must I bribe you for a dinner or a paid ticket to an Orchid show? You crazy guy!

By the way, Farfard all the way, much better than the older mix in that seedling room, and free? Wow

I must go back now and save a hostage myself:-(

Miss meany? I think I know who your talking about..haha
    Meany or not, free or not, you lucky dog living so close there. I wish!
    Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 18:48

• tolip
    11 years ago

I have a few of these.

Would like to try to help if I know what you are talking/asking about.

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes Farfard soil is a good thing, as usual free to those who re-pot during the time of visit no idea what soil is being sent out VIA UPS I was unable to get a positive response to will they keep Farfard or not.

Not sure who the "new guy" is, he was watering and sorting some plants by mission but was also friendly enough to place a 'Meiwa'" Sweet Kumquate" in my hands and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy somebody finally up-righted the face down pot tipped "old timer" Clivia. An act of kindness for the plant and much more room to walk but are things are looking up for them ?

Hostage saving is one thing, to want them is okay I guess but you might want to not free to many either. IMO there are several on this visit that hold higher ransom notes that you or I could easily rescue at "certain places" for a lesser ransom potted and growing in a very good quality soil included.

Over all visit not to bad after Ms. Meany went out back Mr RealOwner says hello I didn't see Mrs. Realowner this visit. YES now is when you can easily pull the right strings and get some free snap on hangers for a variety of pot sizes ..

We all know why we need free pot hangers right ?
    Answer: To rescue some hanging hostages.

This post was edited by mrlike2u on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 22:50

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Would like to try to help if I know what you are talking/asking about.

Your right after reading all this odd info a second time it is a bit confusing.So far this is what I understand
    I think I may have been bribed by dinner and an orchid show because I rescued the plant in pic which at the time was a former hostage.

Facts:
    As of current it is in better hands of mine. Myself, the rescuer of shown plant is asking the future recipient and humble plant grower (Mike) if he wants the plant in the same 3 inch pot it was sold in or a 4 inch pot.

This was and still is a trick question asked, my intentions are to make sure he is paying attention.

Options:
    If optioned was any type of bonsai pot or dish or if any other plant growing vessel became involved then I would have also requested a three mile long all white horse parade be considered as part of the bribe.

Technically this part is (but it's not) a trick question too. By not responding he told me he wants the plant re potted in a four inch pot with Farfard mix.

In closing:
    Not that I'll easily accept a bribe from any humble servant of the plant I do have a plant type mission for him too.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Wes,

In short...You are a great guy for saving that hostage for me and sticking him in a better pot with a better mix and when we go to the Orchid show, I'll treat you to the admission while that plant is finally freed of Miss Meany...ha

Just what I needed this a.m..A :-))))

Thank you, thank you as I contain myself!

Mike

• tolip
    11 years ago

I guess this forum does not provide the avenue for private messaging.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Then how would the rest of us stalk the discussion? Forum has the ability to close the window if it's boring...

• roseyd
    11 years ago

goodness, Mike got off easy ... I "could have" gotten lunch, a free ticket to the orchid show - and, now, I'm learning from Wes - If I'd held out longer, maybe I'd have been offered some free plants too. :D

Wes, my friend, you know how to work it. ;)

tolip - We're all great buddies here - pull up a chair and join in. the more the merrier.

• tolip
    11 years ago

No worries everyone. I'm not in the circle nor in the loop of things. I'll just try to blend in. I just want to learn and discuss about plants. It's boring of me I know. I'll try to join in when I can.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

I agree this post was confusing. I thought Wes was asking everyone for help. He didn't address Mike in it.

That being said...Mike, you got my favorite sambac!
    Congrats!

-Robert

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Tolip, your post was more interesting than mine. It's just winter, ugh!! Smiles!

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I'm just disappointed that he hasn't mentioned what plants he picked up for us... I KNOW he can't be giving Mike preferential treatment... We'ze all be such good friends, n' all... so ... :)

Wes, what plants are you getting for us? :D

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rosey: If I knew how to work it there would of been a 3 mile long all white horse parade and the added bonuses for all of us.... As for the question asked " what plant did you get us ? "
    Long story short, it is (OR WAS) the plastic flowers based at candle bottoms on the dinner table LOL

Tolip: For a garden forum I think I'm easy to talk to and yes I can be difficult to understand at times. It's just my way of doing plant things and having fun at the same time. I for one like your ambition, just remember " loops " are not that easy to get out of.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

Darn, No blush or nothing... we're getting laughs and plastic ugly flowers ... pffft.

so not a fair deal. the least you could do would be get us all an orchid ... it's not asking much :) Since you really bruised my ego, I'll be asking for an expensive one, though.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

Didn't mean to double post....

I guess that means I deserve 2 orchids. :)

Boy-o- Boy-OH ... See - Wes, you need to try harder. :D

This post was edited by roseyd on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 14:04

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Me ? try harder ? Only if you insist, even then I already got the goods.Besides I already know how to get the young Kumquate trunk to bend and wave even if weren't desired.

In case your not sure at the end of it all, it's the other way around which is more like it OR It's not going to be that easy for you Rosey.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Wes, I don't think Rosey is to hard to please.

By the way, can you get Friday off?
    Get back to me via e-mail :-)

Mike

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Private e-mailings let "Mission Plant Delivery Saga" continue. Ohhh I'll also bring one of my better cameras

• roseyd
    11 years ago

Mike, not difficult to please.... But I doubt Wes could please me. It's all in the effort, after all...

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rosey:

Please .......

By the way I just pleased you and by way of my keyboard it was kind of easy to do LOL

• roseyd
    11 years ago

Wes, there' s a difference between pleasure and boredom.

So I quit.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts