Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are your gardenia leaves turning yellow?

Posted by mersiepoo 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 2, 12 at 17:36

I've found a solution, I just pee on mine! I also dose it a little with some cheleated iron with copper and it seems to love it. I've found some plants do hate wee wee, at least roses sure do. The leaves turned brown within days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are your gardenia leaves turning yellow?

Mersi, LOL.

Tell me, do you wipe yourself with your left or right hand? Toni

o

Yep, I wee on mine as well (not even watered down as some forums suggest - just straight on). I also wee on my murraya. (and no my roses didnt like the wee either - but they LOVE the tea bags I give them). The other thing I've found that cures the gardenia leaves from turning yellow is, if in a pot, put it on crocks (so the water drains really well), and then water daily. serious. they love the daily watering. I barely even use epsom salts anymore with this crock - daily water - and wee recipe - and i've never had yellow leaves on my gardenia since. Aaaand for further thriving i recommend giving it diluted worm juice - just sends new growth out like there's no tomorrow.

o

can't wait to tell my husband this one! My sons used to pee around the perimeter of our yard to keep the deer away - but for yellow leaves? Worth a try, I guess!

o

• Posted by jason83 Zone 9 (North Florid (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 21, 12 at 0:39

Never heard of this trick. I might have to give it a try :)

I've found that Gardenias can adapt to many different kinds of environments. They perform at their best when the environment doesn't fluctuate too rapidly. Good drainage, mulching, and regular watering/feeding with consistency generally brings amazing results!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here