Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
harold_sink

Indoor and outdoor frangrant flora for apartment life.

harold_sink
18 years ago

I have been gardening since before I was a teenager, but I never really paid much attention to names of flowers or what grew best at certain times of the year. My family couldn't understand how I could get nonseasonal plants how to grow out of season. But still, throughout it all, I have never done much research on plants.

What I'd like to know is which plants will give off a nice fragrance indoors and out, with very little light to direct sun. My apartment manager doesn't mind if I put in a groundcover under the miniature hollies, or to plant some flora in front of them.

Can someone give me some ideas? I have five windows in my two bedroom apartment, and a 6' x 11' patio off of my living room. Looking forward to hearing from any of you.

Comment (1)

• jview
    18 years ago

Sounds to me like a good place to start but I do not quite understand what you mean when you describe the light. Which direction do the windows and glass door face? Are there obstructions to the light (trees, walls etc.) at these places? Some of my favorites are magnolias, jasmines, and Murraya paniculata. I am sure that you will enjoy exploring and learning about the many possibilities.
    Enjoy.
    Jerry