Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fragrantgrower

I asked for a discount on an orchid and got it!

Thanks to Mike and Olympia Gardner I actually had the gumption to ask if they could do any better on an orchid on the clearance table at a local nursery. It was originally marked $40 and had 50% off. The kind lady quickly said she'd give me a 70% discount so it ended up being 12 bucks! I couldn't believe it. I never haggle over prices at flea markets (I let my partner do that) but now that I know it can work sometimes I'm so glad I asked! I even snapped a pic of it and planned on coming back to see if the price had dropped but now it's in my home! :)
I believe it's the cattleya hybrid Lc. Purple Cascade 'Fragrance Beauty'. No name tag however the company (Crystal Bloom) does offer that variety and it looks similar to the pic of that orchid that beetle 2007 posted in the Blooming in December thread.
It smells great even though the bloom has obviously been open for a while and is on its last leg and it's huge! About 14" tall and 16" wide.
Woo hoo!
Hope I can keep it alive and get it to bloom again next year (it's my first cattleya).

-Robert

Comments (10)