once, twice... three times a....

mrlike2u
11 years ago

{{gwi:783404}}

Year....

Comments (16)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Nice! Which brunfelsia is this? How do you like its scent?

-Robert

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lady Of The Night: An enjoyable very crisp scent that easily replaces any of the X-mass pine linger

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Great pic! I caught the faintest whiff...

OK I gotta ask, what's going on with the double-decker pot behind?

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Thank you.
    I wonder if it's B. americana? Another on my wish list for this year! ;)

-Robert

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Hey Wes..I know where you got that plant.Nice!

I just love the smell too. It's so nice to when it fills the air after all the pine is gone and the cold days of winter are upon us! Have you been feeding yours? Looks like it's growing in a very good griity mix. Well done.

Now, I have to get you started on Hoya's..lol I now have well over 16 and over, oh yes, 25 orchids..lol

Robert, I think you might have this one already and I hope you are well these days.

Purple, what's up? Holding on to the warmth these days I hope.

Mike:-)

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike: Feeding is a yes aiming for four bloom sets this year for it. Awsum I have a chance to catch up to you your only five or more hoyas ahead of me. With 3:1 odds on you and how I just swapped three for three but got different ones and would like to keep it at that The clear hoya sin winner is you.

Purple: The double decked pot but for you I should say warning dont try this trick at home ... Why I did it is the base pot also worked wonders for preventing any annoying wind knock overs the semi prepped gritty mix was used as counter weight while outside. Why it's still there. Well if gritty mixes didn't work so darn well with some feeding I think the double pot problem would of never happened. In a nut shell the roots went though the drain holes of top pot and are growing in bottom pot soil as well.
    Ohh quick mention I forgot to screen the bottom of the top pot when I planted the plant in top pot and will re pot top pot into bottom pot with the mix in both pots later.

If you can say the last few lines three times fast It'll give you a hint what the trunk plant in top pot is

11 years ago

Ha! That's good stuff and I've had that happen before. Best of luck unpotting it!

I actually said it 4 times... really curious!...

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL Purple the hint is your small thirst after fourth time repeating I think you might need a NAME OF PLANT HERE to quench that thirst. I suspect re pot with ease but if difficult to re pot I wont hesitate in breaking the terra cotta if need be

11 years ago

At first I thought pitcher, pitcher plant, but you said my thirst is small, and that wouldn't have a trunk...

Hot chocolate trees are far too rare...

Coffee?

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not a coffee drinker

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Now, is that a picture from a magazine or one you took at of your own because that is one daaaaammm ggreat pic and looks mighty good Wes!

Hello Tiffany!

Mike

11 years ago

No doubt. Thanks for the fun!

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike: with use of filters and some cropping let me ask you Do you really want to never again use the reliable camera you have now ?

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Lol...You are right about that Wes..lol

Hope you are having a good day. Enjoy the warm weather for teh next hour or so, because after this, it's down hill from here! Negative 0 degrees by Tuesday night.

Mike

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I suddenly have a craving for orange juice...

Does any one use real cameras any more? I haven't touched any of mine in more than a year. I admit my cell phone is not good at macro photography, but its easier to carry.

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I suddenly have a craving for orange juice...

Does any one use real cameras any more? I haven't touched any of mine in more than a year. I admit my cell phone is not good at macro photography, but its easier to carry.