Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sambac_connoisseur

Tee-O-P Tropicals new Supreme Sambac is a DUD

sambac_connoisseur
15 years ago

A few months ago I purchased one of Tee -O-pee Tropicals supposedly new & improved Jasminum Sambac Supreme (Duke of Tuscany mutation). The name of their business starts with TOP but the Garden web spam server would not post this message as first written as I was informed that this business has been BANNED from Garden Web for posting a bunch of Ads (guess you gotta be careful with these Ruskys who came over from Russia as they did). Tatiana and Mike in Florida own this business according to their website.

As I remember it came to me as about a 6 inch size rootball and the price was crazy - - like $49.00 not incl. shipping.

Although I gave this plant the absolute best care, it has never done much and to this day is pretty much a "non-event".

About 6 weeks ago or so it appeared to be dying as the leaves all started dropping but barely it hung on and it sent out a new shoot.

I emailed the owners of T-O-Pee Tropicals and the guy responded to my first email but he never offered a replacement and he failed to respond to my second email (dropped me like a rock).

Therefore, I would caution others who have high expectations as I did after reading their description of this cultivar to be very wary.

On their website they claim it is the most rapid grower, blah, blah, etc.

As some background info. I have a B.S. degree in Hort. and have successfully grown 'Duke of Tuscany' cultivar over about an 8 year period multiplying one 4 inch plant into about 15 plants of 5 gallon size - - so I know how to grow this plant very well.

Comments (3)