Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenia won't bloom

Posted by pmsingmomof3 Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 12, 07 at 7:56

Last year I purchased 2 different types of Gardenia. One looks like the Italian porcelain capodimonte and has no scent and grows huge! (I think it is called Florida Gardenia)
The other, which I was told, would be beutiful and beyond fragrant is grafted Gardenia. It is still about 1.5 feet high and has yet to bloom. In it's year the leaves have turned yellow and grew back and the stems are nice and sturdy. When is the bloom cycle for these beautiful flowers in Florida? (Main question)

Also, the same thing with my Honeysuckle and Jasmine. Do they all take a year to prepare themselves to bloom?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenia won't bloom

I'm so sorry pmsingmomof3,for you frustration I am one one person you can definetly relate to you on flowers not blooming.I have been through it all and I'm still waiting for my huge brugmansia's to flower(hopefully this is the year).Anyways back to your gardenia's.Do have them planted in pots or in the ground?Have you had any buds? how often do you water them?What type of food do you give them and how often?How much sun do the receive?have you noticed any insects lately?I should be able to help you out as soon as I get a little bit more info.I hope to hear from you soon because these are wonderful plants and I would really like to be able to get you bloomin! Talk to you soon Christina

o

I have an arabian tea jasmine that was blooming a week after I got it from logees! I don't mean to gloat, because most of my plants die during the winter time. :( My jasmine lost all its leaves, I watered it a bit so hopefully it'll come back. Here is a place that may help you with your gardenia problem, good luck! :) http://www.behnkes.com/page.php?group_page_id=24

o

My gardenia has small buds right now, my jasmine nitidum is blooming, confederate just starting, and several other jasmines have not started yet. My honeysuckle didn't bloom the first summer I planted it, but it grew quite a bit and established its roots. Hope this helps. Wendy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here