Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ging_gw

Golden Magic Gardenia opinions

Virginia White
11 years ago

Hi!
I'm hoping I can get the straight 'poop' on this gardenia. I've been looking at photos of the blooms on this gardenia and found one that makes me think there's a lot of photoshopping or tweaking going on with the pictures. The photo I found that makes me wonder shows less of a golden/yellow coloration and more of a phenomenon I've seen before with flowers of this type; a slow browning/tanning of the petals as they get more leathery and dry. I was thinking about getting one for my father-in-law as he's a big gardenia fan, but not if that's what he's going to be possibly disappointed by when it blooms. I'll see if I can add the link to the photo I'm talking about, but no matter what I'd love your thoughts and experiences.
Got to say, I almost feel badly about how easy we have it with gardenias here - you can almost toss them out on the ground and they will thrive. My FIL that I mentioned earlier propagated over a hundred for his church by whacking off a bit of the branches and putting them in water filled jugs outside. That was the extent of the 'care' they got until he potted them up. Just amazing how tough they are here - like everybody else, though, we have our complete and utter impossibilities for some plants. It's the same all over, right? :)
Thanks for any help,
Ging

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Golden Magic Gardenia bloom

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner