Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Osmanthus fragrans?? PLEASE

Posted by Carmie2 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 05 at 12:11

Osmanthus fragrans - (Tea olive, fragrant olive, sweet olive).. Do all these plants have a Strong Fragrance?...Could you tell me what the scents would be?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Osmanthus fragrans?? PLEASE

Very strong apricot scent, one of the most popular plants here. You can find out a lot more just by searching this forum.

o

Smells like Henna to me. I have one and I like it! It needs shade this far south (sarasota)
kevin

o

So far it's my my favorite scent of all my plants, I just had a huge flush on my 5 gallon plant, it is just such a wonderful fresh sweet apricot smell that fills my whole patio with it's luscious scent! Between that plant and my Michelia Alba and brugs I'm in frangrant cloud heaven! I just wish it bloomed all year.

o

i have quite a few of these and they are truly my favorite shrub.

it smells like stewed apricots with vanilla syrup and worthy of a place in your garden.

dawn

o

Oh yes, I've never met a sweet olive that I didn't like! The fragrance is so strong that if you have a good size bush you can smell it from a few yards away. It's never heavy or cloying but smells exactly like perfectly ripe, warm, fresh apricots. It's a deliciously fruity scent but oddly a few people I've met(DH is one) can't smell it at all, they really miss out on something wonderful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here