Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (16)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow! Thanks for the gorgeous pics, Mike!
    I hope you sniffed as many as you could for us. ;)

-Robert

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

OMG WES!!!

I think i am going to dream of Orchids tonight..

Did they shut the show down early today? Is it open for tomorrow due to the storm? I also wonder how they transport all of them with those conditions.. I would panic to have them outside in the wind and snow...

Beautiful..

Thank you so much for sharing and i'm glad you made it to the show!!

BRAVO!!

Laura

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Larua: In a sense I would think If it's paid for why not use it. The turn out could be low today but I think they would be be open today. Everything is all set up in a nice hotel in it's main ball room. Not sure how they move all the show and sales items in and out in detail but I do know they would park the plant transport trailers and vans close to unseen doors a back side loading dock is available as well.

Hi Robert: Mike's the other plant-a-hoilic who I went to the show with.

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Ha! Yes. Noticed that today. Sorry, Wes. I know you two went together and I suppose that's what I get for checking my phone late at night while my friend was driving. ;)
    Anyway those flowers are amazing. A great treat to see such beauties in winter.
    Thanks again!

-Robert

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Fantastic, Wes!
    I talked to Mike this week and he mentioned the show...I asked for lots of pics ;-)
    In that first pic, I see an Orchid that looks similar to mine. Very nice!

Josh

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your name came up when I took the pic too Josh. Mike and I agree that the fragrance is indescribably sweet and clean in crispness. I hope you don't mind a close up view of the look a like.

11 years ago

I don't mind such a nice close-up at all, Wes! Great shot!
    Very similar, but with more ruffly petals and more overlap. The spot of yellow
    in the center of mine isn't as conspicuous or bold, either. You nailed the scent!

Josh

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

Wow! Very nice, and really welcome at this time of year! :-)

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Hello Jodik, Josh, Robert, Rose, Laura, and Wes!

Wes, I remember all those! Great job on the pics! Oh how I wish they were selling some of those larger mature ones! I was disappointed to see they were selling seedlings at 35 dollars on the Cattalya and none of the mature ones to be sold anywhere!

I wish I had been able to go up on Sunday as planned, but my dad was having a hard day and I had to care for him
    I did call for you to see if there were any Variegated Cymbidiums for you and was told they were all gone the first day!

If they had more, I would of run up for you:-)

Mike

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mike: I thought it was... If you where going, not when you go. Allow me to firmly say FAMILY FIRST all other things after family are options. Thanks for calling ahead and asking I'm glad ( for them) they gave you an honest answer.
    Unlike others who would say, "We had it when you called but now that your here could we interest you in ..." Only to end in waste of your FAMILY FIRST
    Jodi: Mike was just like a child in a candy store they even had the same you break it you buy it rule and lots of fun stuff being said. The snowy day ended in a mess of white but aw-sum Orchids (all a bit overwhelming for the short time there) very nice more than made up for the wintery difference..

• roseyd
    11 years ago

I KNOW you don't want us to feel jealous ...

but where's the pictures of what you two bought? ;)

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

While taking the pics Mike bought them all there where none left for me to buy

11 years ago

Hey, Mike and Wes!
    Mike, still waitin' on pics of your collection, buddy ;-)
    Take your time, hehehe

Josh

• roseyd
    11 years ago

Now I know you're pulling my leg. Mike told me he "only" spent a little bit there. So - tell, Wes! what treasures are you hiding? :)

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My hidden treasures Are hidden with-in.

X will mark the spot on a very nice map for you as well

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Hey Wes....I'll be chatting with you soon! Hope all is well and by the way, you are funny.lol

Thanks for understanding too.

Rosey, I spent more than I thought..lol. My bank account is lower than I planned it out to be.lol
    I can't seem to get a minute to take pictures! This weekend I will folks!

Hello Josh! Good to see you here as always.

Mike