Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardenia Bloom photo

Posted by dpolson37 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 21:19

The gardenia gods as well as the GardenWeb gurus have been kind to me. I am proud to announce that my Home Depot Gardenia is in bloom. It is only one bloom, but I'll take it considering all the other postings I've read. It's even surviving the transplant to a larger pot. I think it's actually happier now that it's out of the 4 inch plastic pot. I've been top watering as well as bottom watering and I followed another posts advice to put jean material up into the pot and have it soak up water from the tray. So far so good, but I'm not saying that to loud LOL.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardenia Bloom photo

That is a beautiful veitchii! Where is it located in your house? I love the sweet and elegant fragrance. Please post more pictures - full shots, larger resolution, different angles, etc.

o

Beautiful flower!! Great job, you are obviously doing the right thing for your plant.

My Home Depot plants(2) may have some buds, I think? Bought it two months ago, no blooms at all, but now maybe? Its too small to tell for sure. I'll post when I know for sure...

o

Veitchii it is and boy do I love the smell. Here are some other photos taken today. Not sure if the bloom is on it's way out as it's turning dark cream colored. I almost set it outside to soak up some 72 degree weather, but decided to leave it in the southern facing window.

o

Beep beep! Gardenia yellow, no, red alarm.

New pot is a little too large. This is very difficult to water (unless you use a lot of treebark chunks). They prefer the right-sized pot so the root can breathe. I hope you see what I mean.

o

Yeah, I was the one who suggested doing the jeans/wicking material. I'm glad yours is looking so NICE!! :D Thanks for sharing!

My gardenia heard me bragging to my mom about all the buds on mine, then it got 'mad' and started having leaves turn yellow and the buds are turning yellow and dropping off! So..make sure your gardenia doesn't know you are talking about her, ha ha!! Congrats!! Thanks for the pictures!!! :)

o

I'm not quite sure if this is the same. Here is my gardenia I also bought from Home Dept. Its also my first bloom. I hope I get more.
Gardenia
starting to bloom
Gardenia Bloom
full bloom

o

Beautiful!!!! :)

o

congratulations: your plants look so healthy and the blooms are beautiful.
sue

o

Congrats on your beautiful flower!! Great Job...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here