Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

help identifying pest and solution

lycheeluva
17 years ago

I have a gardenia plant that I brought inside for the winter. When I brought it in, I soon noticed that it had some bugs on the leaves. I have tried numerous sprays with Bonide pest spray and although it is controlling the bugs, it is not removing them. I will try and describe the bugs and if anyone can tell me what is and how to get rid of them, i would greatly appreciate it.

The bugs are about 4mm in length and about 2mm in diameter. They are a dirty white color. They are oval in shape and they do not have distinct body parts that are visible to the naked eye. They appear to leave what look like splatters of white candle wax over the leaves of the gardenia. they appear to have a special affinity for the bark of the gardenia plant and seem to attack the intersections of the twigs and stem. I have a citrus tree which is in very close promixity to the gardenia and they seem to have migrated to the citrus tree and are leaving what look like tiny sticky drops of clear resin on the citrus leaves.

any helps with identifying the pest and the solution would be greatly appreciated.

Comment (1)