Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
massonia jasminiflora

Posted by fragrant2008 10 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 14:58

Hi all i have just found MASSONIA JASMINIFLORA for sale! i have never seen or heard of this bulb before and i was just wondering if any one here has tried to grow it? It might be a new one to add to my wish list for this year ;)
here is what i found online
" This is a quite recently described and still very rare and little known species, here in its best leaf form, with the upper leaf surface covered with exquisite crystalline projections. In this form these are often a dull ruby red which lends a lovely purplish cast to the leaves.

In the centre of the leaf pair, sits a small, tight head of white flowers which, as the name suggests, are jasmine-scented, although little can prepare you for the intensity of this delicious perfume. "

photo sizedMassoniajasminifloraWinburg_108683_zps987af3b1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: massonia jasminiflora

Okay what is this thing and why do I feel like I need to find it? :)) Okay time to google. Lol.

o

Fragrant for the best info you can ask your question or read more about it on Pacific Bulb Society site:

There are very knowledgeable and generous people there, just like here :-)

Also the Scottish Rock Garden is another excellent source.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Bulb Society

o

I will check it out thanks :)

o

Most welcome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here