Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 18:58

I need some help. I brought a dwarf egg magnolia plant
about 2 months ago. All the leaves are dropping and it looks
horrible. ....I need some help!!

sorry the picture is upside down

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dwarf egg magnolia

Hey pinkflower.. congrats on getting an Egg magnolia (yay!)... For now, I would place it in a warm location, high humidity if possible, and carefully monitor its soil so that it is moist but not soggy.

What's the weather like at your area? Does your plant get any sun?
I'm thinking maybe it got too cold and the soil stayed too wet. Your plant went into a big shock but Egg magnolia is a tough plant so the chance of it recovering is good. You will probably see some die back on the top.

Did you repot your plant when you get it? What soil medium did you use? A good soil medium will help tremendously if you live outside of its ideal climate.

When you have the time, start reading the threads in Container garden. It's an incredible place. :) Maybe start out with these two topics:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0116163312392.html

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/contain/msg0914024623640.html

Good luck!

o

Mine:
 photo 28_zps559e3aee.jpg

o

Thanks so much kemistry for the information. I think it wasn't
Getting enough sun light.
Hopefully I will see some improvement

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here