Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant buffs! You are missing out without one of these!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 20:33

This is a 'Little Stars' (Cordata x Nodosa)..

It is by FAR one of the MOST fragrant plants I have ever had! It has been in bloom since I got it and gets stronger and stronger as the flowers hang on.
It gives a fragrance at night like no other, but I will compare it to the 'Brunfelsia' but flows the the air much further!

It is pleasing to the senses and one that fills an entire room the the exotic enchantments of the tropical islands!
There is not one person that has come here that has not noticed the smell in my home and that has not fell in love with it. It is even better than my Jasmine and Gardenia's and that say's a lot!

photo DSCF4147_zps0947c096.jpg

photo DSCF4148_zpsce438157.jpg

photo DSCF4149_zps4f9a585c.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant buffs! You are missing out without one of these!

do these flower all year long? is it a type of orchid? can it be found at logees? :)

o

Hi Mike and Rosey!

Mike,

Thanks for tempting us with yet another fragrant beauty. ;)

Rosey,

This is indeed an orchid. To be exact it's a primary hybrid between the Central and South American species Brassavola nodosa, and the Jamaican native Brassavola cordata.
There are many fragrant brassavola orchids and hybrids.
I once had a Brassavola 'Little Stars' like Mike's that I bought at Lowe's however it was too dried out and has never recovered. :(
I do have the species B. nodosa and it does smell wonderful at night. It normally blooms in spring and fall for me.
Of course there are other brassavolas that eventually I want to try like B. perrinii which is supposed to be very fragrant at night. :)

-Robert

o

I like the shape of the blossoms - like little white hearts. It's very pretty. And to think she's scented too.

I may be putting this one on my shopping list ....

darn mike.

;)

o

Logee's doesn't have it listed on their site so unless they've got it at the nursery and not offered through their site I think you're safe. Sorry!

-Robert

o

Hi Mike! Well, you have sold me on this one. I am putting this on my buy list. Th-th-thanks. :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here