Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A rose-type Gardenia from the wild

Posted by snasxs 7-8 VA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 1:34

I just found this in China. The flower is large and of rose shape. The best value is that it retains the complete center which has the potential for more petals.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A rose-type Gardenia from the wild

Here is the same pic under discussion:
gardenia

o

• Posted by jimshy z7 Brooklyn, NY (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 18:56

Very nice, especially in that pot! I wonder if the average gardener would notice the difference between this one and a semi-double gardenia, but it definitely has potential!

Jim

o

Very nice. And this is a species from china? I've been playing with hybridizing cold hardy gardenia. All of my gardenias displayed some cold damage from the 0 F we had this winter, except for one Daisy x Mystery seedling of mine. One I ordered named 'Frost Proof' was completely defoliated (ha!).

I have hundreds of Daisy x Chuck Hayes & Chuck Hayes x Daisy seedlings coming up right now.

This year it's gonna be Chuck Hayes x Mystery.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here