Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooming in April - 2

Posted by bunti 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 15:54

Blooming in April has reached its limit of 150. So I have created another thread.

Here is one of my favorites. Painted Daisy or Pyrethrum
I have been waiting on them to bloom. Last year bunnies ate them. I have been protecting them this year. Finally they are here. All the plants turned to be red. I like pink flowers too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming in April - 2

I have one.
My 4 o'clocks are blooming now.
They waft around my patio at night

o

Bunti love the Tanacetum. Always wanted to grow one, but I'm out of space :-)

Ordphien, what a lovely colour. I didn't have much luck with my Mirabilis. The first time I grew them, they were lightly scented. This year, I've got some seeds, the same colour as yours, which are supposed to be very fragrant. We'll see. Hopefully they are as wafting as yours is :-)

o

Yay for pics!

On this last day of April I had one of my Jasminum sambac 'Belle of India' cuttings bloom for me.
It smells wonderful.

Looking forward to May's blooms!

-Robert

o

Lovely Robert, congrats!

o

I have a HUGE question for all of you???

Any into FRAGRANT PETUNIA? My god..I can't wait till the bright blue and deep purple wave ones come out that waft my whole yard up! I hang them right under my arbor as I enter the yard..I was so stupid as to not save the seeds since it is unusual to get them that pretty and smelling that sweet...Oh I hope I can get more this year.Those made my whole summer every warm night!
They lasted until after my first frost.

At dusk they were almost so florescent, the blue...God I hope they sell them again..Can you tell they are my favorite annuals?/hahah

Beautiful plants once again and thank Robert to starting again..Let's see what I can dig up..

Goodness, look at the link..

MIke

Here is a link that might be useful: Fragrant Petunias

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 19:24

o

If you hurry there is time left to post some of your fragrent daffodil

o

Mike, I love petunias too. I haven't came across the wafting kind yet. Some have this strong clove scent :-)

It might be a bit late to start them from seed, You can find the the Daddy series seeds easily, otherwise you can check fragrant path seeds, which specializes in fragrant plants, seeds or seed savers exchange.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fragrant Petunia thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here