Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My gardenias are blooming!

Posted by silverneedle (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 17:32

Finally blooming in earnest. A happy gardener right now.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My gardenias are blooming!

Absolutely beautiful Silverneedle! I can smell them from here!
How long have you had this plant?

Congratulations..

Mike;-)

o

I hope I don't hurt anybody's feelings. But to me, this is a beauty that is right out of the greenhouse.

o

TT, lovely!

o

I have had this for about three months. yellowthumb, it was purchased with vigorous folliage and some small buds in Feb. I wasn't at all sure I could take it home and nurse it to the full blooming stage. Since then, it mostly only bloomed one or two at a time and I had to fight off a mite-infection. Then 2nd half of April came along and the plant seems to be suddenly very happy. It hasn't stopped blooming since then.

This is how it looks today:

Photobucket

o

By the way, I know a 3-month old blooming gardenia is nothing to brag about, as it was mostly the work of the nursery. But this is the first one I am able to take home and not have it lose all the buds and turn yellow within a week!

o

Good work. Your gardenia is happy. It's the sun and the warmth.

o

Absolutely beautiful!!

Don't you wish they would last like that forever?

Good work! Hi yellowthumb!:-)

Mike..:-)

o

Mike,

I am hoping to keep this plant going as a container plant indoors. Winter will be a challenge. I have read the famous suicidal gardenia thread, so I know what I am in for.. wish me luck.

o

Hey, out of curiousity, how is your gardenia doing? Were you able to keep it healthy and beautiful?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here