Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowers_galore

Updates and few flowers...

flowers_galore
13 years ago

Here are the recent pics...

Thanks for looking..

Rose from India.. has intense sweet fragrance. Reminds me of the flower garlands in the market...

Ipomea, beautiful flower, no fragrance , I can tell, lacy delicate leaves.

White double ternata..

Dendrobium Aggregatum, Himalayan native...

Jasminum Azoricum...

Talauma Candolii/ Magnolia Lillifera bud..

Magnolia lillifera flower...Intensely fragrant..

See the leaf size...

finally, last but not the least...

GDS supreme, form TT, survived the winter and after 6 months, has a stub coming...

Comments (12)

• kemistry
    13 years ago

Love the egg magnolia pictures (and the duke in the background.)
    Those egg mag blooms only lasted a day? Mine is doing well so maybe I can smell it this year.

My Duke supreme lost all its leaves but the roots are still good so hopefully it'll re-sprout. :)

• mehitabel
    13 years ago

Beautiful, radha. The rose is gorgeous, but all beautiful, really. Thanks for sharing.

• flowers_galore
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The flower on Talauoma lasted 2 days, unlike Magnolia coco. It was intensely fragrant in the morning. In the evening i could not sense any smell at all.The fragrance is over powering and for me it was too strong..

• kandhi
    13 years ago

Radha, Beautiful pictures, where did you buy Magnolia lillifera?

• flowers_galore
    Original Author
    13 years ago

KAndhi,
    Logees, one and half years ago..

• kandhi
    13 years ago

Radha, is it worth buying since it is so expensive for a small plant? Can you answer to the following?
    What is the fragrance like, fruity or floral?
    How tall is your plant now?
    How big are the blooms (size)? Don't they open fully?
    Do you maintain indoors or outdoors in your area

Thanks

• flowers_galore
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is very floral. In the morning it is extremely fragrant that, I felt it is almost saccharine sweet, with bitter under tones.I could not keep the flower indoors, as it was too much for me. My plant is about 2 feet tall. It was about one foot tall initially. The blooms are big,about 3-4 inches in size. No, they dont open fully. I have mine outdoors.. Hope I have answered all of your questions and is of help.

• kemistry
    13 years ago

Good news!!! My egg magnolia is in bud! I got the plant from Logee also, last fall. It was about 2 feet tall and has been growing ever since its arrival. A very healthy plant.

• kandhi
    13 years ago

Radha, thanks for responding. Info provide is helpful. It is great that you live in warmer area where you can grow these outside. Did your Millingtonia hortensis tree ever bloomed? I was looking for a source to buy that also and cannot find it.

• flowers_galore
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Millingtonia is still a small plant. It may take a year two before it blooms...

• Sushma N
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hello Radha garu,

Indian rose looks so beautiful. I recently moved to TX and was dreaming for a long time now to get the fragrant Indian rose. Can you please please tell me what the process is to bring it from India to US or if any nursery here carries that plant. Thank you

• angel-face
    8 years ago

Lovely magnolia