Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mare2_gw

Hardy Jasmine--1 ½ years later

mare2
18 years ago

A while back, I posted a question about "hardy jasmines" IÂd been reading about. Got some great information from people in zones similar to mine who reported both successes and failures. At the time I decided to try it, along with a friend who tried a different variety, using your suggestions. I promised to report back after IÂd had a chance to get them in and over-wintered. Well here I am, a year and a half later, ready to deliver the results of our little experiment! Lol! Time sure flies when youÂre gardening, doesnÂt it??! I tried officinale and my friend tried stephanense. Are you ready?Â(drum roll, please)Â.They *both* made it!!!

We did have a mild winter, so guess it doesnÂt prove much, but my understanding was that the longer the root systems have to establish, the better their chances of long-term survival. Plus IÂm just very excited to have jasmines that donÂt have to be hauled in and out according to the vagaries of the weather! Thanks so much to those of you who shared your tips, successes, and encouragement! 'Mare

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?