Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
snasxs, oops, these gardenias got showers!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 10, 09 at 23:42

"You are the person who showered your root-rotting gardenia and claimed victory!"

Yes I am...:-)

And I can claim victory of a few others too, that made it through this winter with the help of lots of showers!

I may have lost one, but that was a repotting mistake. Not due to overwatreing. Your good avdice and concern will always be appreciated though...

Everyone else,
Here's some of my fragrants that made it after a long winter....
Next year I hope not to losse one!..:-)
I could of never done this without all of you..
Thanks!!
As toni would say,

HUGS,

MIke
P.s. Your in our thoughts toni..:-) Hope your feeling better!

Oh ya,
By the way, too all those that care enough to want to know if Logees sold me that 4 inch denia I wanted so badly...
No.
But they are sending me another one just like the one I wanted for free shipping!! Hopefully with no bugs...lol

Oops,a Jasmine Duke...Smells mighty good..:-)

A ponderosa for extra...

Another ponderosa

Bouvardia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: snasxs, oops, these gardenias got showers!

meyermike_1micha : Where did you purchase the gardenia, #3 picture? "Possibly" that cultivar was the one I released it in U. S. to a nursery 15 years ago in southern California. This nursery told me there was another nursery going to propagate this gardenia. Anyhow I am happy to see some one have this familiar gardenia.
How long have you had this plant? How do you to keep them warm in the winter?

o

Mike, those are absolutely FABULOUS!! Showers and all, LOL... kidding aside, you did a phenomenal job raising those plants! Way to go!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Really enjoyed them!!

o

Hi longriver,
I purchased that gardenia at Logees...They have the most unusual plants that no one else sells. I just wish they didn't come with bugs at times though..lol
These plants I got were clean when bought though. They do have great plants most of the time.
I keep them in a warm south facing window. I keep the room over 70 by day and 60's by night. I also keep a humidifier and a water fountain going all winter. They sit near the water fountain..
Is this plant what you were thinking it is? That would be weird. I love this plant. It actually has a very fragrant cinnaminy smell. It is always in flowering stage.
I have had this plant since September.. I almost lost it due to incorrect PH in the soil. Now it looks great after an adjustment in the soil and a repot..

Pug...Thanks!

o

Bootiful pictures Mike!! How do you make your gardenia so nice and green...awesome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here