snasxs

What is the cultivar of this Jasmine?

snasxs
14 years ago

The images are taken from China.

Comments (6)

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    14 years ago

I have read about one called 'Hawaiian Queen' that is fully double (while Grand Duke of Tuscany is actually a crested double). T0ptr0picals has a variety called 'Arabian Knights' that looks a lot like the one here.

• yellowthumb
    14 years ago

I would be very happy to say the I got this cultivar of Jasmine from Canadian Tire, and even better it's a tree from in 10 inch container, yes the tire store sells jasmine too. This cultivar has round and plump flower buds, I counted there are about 25 petals in just one flower, it smells very refreshing.
    I also got another cultivar of jasmine which has long buds, there are around 10 flower petals.

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    14 years ago

In Thailand, they call it 'Malee Tord' (this is not the same as Grand Duke). It has the pointy tip on the petal edge. The flowers is described as 3 to 6 layers of petals with 3 flowers on the end of each stalk. And the flowers are 2.5 to 3.5 cm (smaller than Grand Duke).

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    14 years ago

Logee's has a jasmine that they are referring to as 'Flora Plena' for sale. I believe that what they are selling is the same jasmine variety as snasx picture, judging by their description and picture. The problem with their name is that 'Flora Plena' is actually a synonym for 'Grand Duke of Tuscany' (of which they are selling also).

I ordered it last weekend and will let you all know what it is when it blooms.

• jimshy
    14 years ago

I know I've seen a rounded-leaf cultivar like this before at one of the Chinatown florists in Manhattan, but I'm not going to put a name on it -- jasminum nomenclature is all over the place, and sambac varieties seem to have whatever name the grower gave them.

It's lovely, though!

Jim

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    14 years ago

The 'Flora Plena' jasmine from Logees finally has open blossoms. It is turning out what I believe to be 'Mysore Mulli.' Although, both, the cultivar of this topic and Mysore Mulli are double, the Mysore Mulli petals are not as wide and the sides of the petal curl back. I must note this one I have is awfully fragrant, just a few flowers are stronger than my Michelia alba in bloom (or maybe the scent of my Michelia alba is growing weaker).