Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkerinsydney

Gardenia looks pretty dead

newyorkerinsydney
15 years ago

Hello everyone, this is my first autumn in Sydney, Australia. I have many plants and among them is this lovely gardenia that I bought at the beginning of summer. It bloomed several times, the foliage was beautiful. It always looked healthy. For the last three weeks or so it just made a turn for the worse. It looks dead! Leaves are COMPLETELY shriveled, brown, dry and falling off. Nothing has changed. Same spot, a little less watering since it looked like it was dying, same soil, same pot. If all my other plants were dying then I would think it might have something to do with the change of weather, but all my other plants, although not as lovely as they were in the summer, are still alive though not thriving. Natural for this time of year, no? I dont see any bugs on the gardenia, or anything that looks fishy. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it or is is just super sensitive to the weather change? Is it beyond help? It sure looks like it. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

J.