Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mitriostigma axillare

Posted by fenius 9 (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 5:12

Hello,
I had this plant briefly but it was sent to me infested with scales and it died within three months without ever blooming. I'm thinking of ordering it again, but since I don't know if it's really worth it I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mitriostigma axillare

It has beautiful foliage and it's rarely out of bloom, I mean that. Does fantastic in the shade where many plants sulk. However, scent-wise, I was left disappointed as it's very faint for me. Sometimes I can't even smell it and it's a strange smell too.

o
RE: Mitriostigma axillare

• Posted by mare2 5bSt.Louis (My Page) on
    Thu, May 24, 12 at 10:13

Be aware that to some people, it smells like narcissus and skunk. LOL--guess I'm in the minority, though. To some it smells wonderful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fragrant Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here