Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kier_gw

Honeysuckle & Jasmine

kier
16 years ago

I was wondering if somebody could help me! I'm new to gardening!

In my garden there is a well established honeysuckle plant which used to climb over the old shed. However the shed was nearly 30years old and has been replaced, the new shed is now in a completely different spot to make way for either a pond or chickens...anyway back to the point...I've seen a few threads about transplanting honeysuckle which state that it should be done ASAP, whereas others say do it in the autumn/winter period. Could anyone clear this up for me?

Next, the Jasmine, I would like to plant this next to my fence so that it will grow up and over it...and eventually cover the new shed. Partly as the new shed sticks out like a sore thumb and partly because I don't want any burglars being able to climb up onto the shed to gain access to the property. Is this a realistic expectation of Jasmine? I haven't had it before, I've usually only ever had ivy or clematis as a climbing plant...

I'm sorry if any of this makes no sense, please feel free to ask for more details. Also, I could add pictures if it would help?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA